Pregnancy yoga with Rachel
I have been practicing yoga for 13 years and following the birth of our son, I trained with Uma Dinsmore Tuli at the yoga campus in London specifically to teach yoga to pregnant women. Whether you are new to yoga or have years of experience, I aim to meet your needs and guarantee safety, based on a solid understanding of the changes that occur in the body during pregnancy and the incredible experience that giving birth has the potential to be.
Your specifically designed class will include a flow of yoga poses, meditation and relaxation. The focus will be on tuning into the body and your baby by connecting to the breath in order to maximise your health and well being throughout your pregnancy. I provide specific techniques for preparing you physically and mentally for the labour process based on my experience as a mother and as a midwife.
Practicing yoga during pregnancy has shown to:
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Soften and open the body
- Build strength and support the lower back
- Relax and promote restful sleep
- Keep the body supple without straining
- Boost energy
- Can be used to relieve pain and discomfort in labour
- Can relieve common minor ailments during pregnancy